List of Bollywood movies based on friendships
New Delhi: Aren’t friends a second family to us. Just as important as the mother and father, siblings and life partner. Ultimately, it is a relationship with the fewest expectations and major support. Interestingly enough, love might not be that blind, and appearance, age, or stability might affect it, but friendship is certainly blind that knows no such bounds. And the best part…, friends don’t judge at all.
On the occasion of Friendship Day 2021, here is a list of friendships on reel in Bollywood movies that provided a great friendship bonding experience for Indian audiences:
1.Sholay – The 1975 Hindi film starring legendary actors Dharmendra, Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Amjad Khan and others, “Sholay” is an all-time masterpiece with the iconic bond of friendship of Jai – Veeru (Amitabh and Dharmendra), who are always cited as examples of excellent friendship.
2. Dil Chahta Hai – Three close friends are separated after college because of their different approaches to relationships. Akash goes to Australia, Sameer busies himself with courting a girl, and Siddharth devotes himself to art.
3. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai – The film had it all, from catchy music to “cool” crochet steps, love and above all friendship. Like any Karan Johar movie, this was a family artist, but he struck a chord with young people thanks to Shahrukh Khan and Kajol aka Rahul and Anjalithe friendship of in the film.
4.Rank De Basanti – Basanti RankThe success of lies in the authenticity and closeness of its characters and, more importantly, their friendships. This group of friends was not your generic Bollywood gang of Rockies and Vickies with a “hero” accompanied by acolytes and accomplices without their own identity. Each of them had a distinct identity and character arc.
5.Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara – Sometimes asking your friend for forgiveness doesn’t make you little. But it makes friendship more precious. The ego remained inside the characters of Hrithik Roshan and Farhan Akhtar, but it had to be broken and the right situation was brought for the same as well.
6. Munna Bhai Series –Munna and Friendship Circuit in Munna Bhai MBBS and Lage Raho Munna Bhai will always be cherished. They defend themselves and are ready to kill anyone for their own good. There is also a dream sequence in Lage Raho Munna Bhai, where students read a chapter on the friendship of Munna and Circuit.
7. Golmaal Series – This fun group make sure to tease and torture each other to the point of death. But when they have a common enemy, they are thick and strong like never before.
8. 3 idiots – When friends are around ‘All is well‘. College friends are always special. You fight with them, you help each other and you always defend yourself, no matter what. 3 idiots, the whole movie described the magic of friendship in the funniest and most emotional way.