Sometimes, no matter how hard Bollywood tries, some on-screen pairings just don’t work. There are many reasons for this – a bad storyline, a big age gap between celebrities, bad acting, or maybe the movie is problematic overall.
As we encourage Tabu-SRK to collaborate, Editors share the most uncomfortable on-screen pairing in Bollywood films, and it’s hard to disagree.
1. “Rani Mukherjee and Shahid Kapoor in Dil Bole Hadippa.“
2. Akshay Kumar and Sara Ali Khan
Akshay and Sara worked together on two projects- Arangi Re and Simba. Whereas Arangi Re could not approach the subject of mental health with sensitivity and Simba was another story from Rohit Shetty’s detective universe.
3. Rajinikanth and Aishwarya Rai
This duo was paired in Robot, where Aishwarya played Rajinikanth’s love interest. Reports claim that the two collaborated for another project Thalaivar 169 aalmost 12 years.
4. Salman Khan and Disha Patani
We saw Salman and Disha in Bharat and Radhe. Obviously, this duo did not work.
5. Akshay Kumar and Manushi Chhillar
Samrat Prithviraj created quite a stir for being factually incorrect and of course the plot holes. But the public could not forget the big age gap between the two protagonists of this film.
Read: Akshay Kumar’s ’18 years of searching for Samrat Prithviraj’ remark backfires in spectacular fashion.
6. “Om Puri and Mallika Sherawat in Dirty politics.”
7. Rajinikanth and Amy Jackson
The two teamed up for the sequel to Robot together. Version 2.0 of the film also starred Akshay Kumar.
8. Vidya Balan and Shahid Kapoor
Vidya and Shahid worked on Login Kismat together. Although the film contains great songs by Atif Aslam, the on-screen pairing between the protagonists did not work out.
9. “Arjun Rampal and Divya Dutta… It was ridiculous..”
10. “Vijay Devarakonda and Ananya Pandey. Not because of age or anything. It’s so uncomfortable to watch and we’ve only seen the trailer for one song so far lol. “
11. “SRK and Anushka – She was around 19 in RNBD (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi).”
12. “Sanjay, Salman, Sunny & Aamir with lots of people I guess Disha & Salman would complete the lists. Not sure when the age gap gets to the point where the actor can be the father of the actress so he just gets weird.Although not the most uncomfortable pair, I’m still weird with Hrithik and Rani’s Jodi, not really what OP asked for, but just wanted to add that lol.
13. “Amitabh and Jiah in Nishabd.”
Decidedly, the male actors of Bollywood never age!
Read more: Not just Akshay Kumar, here are 8 actors Bollywood needs to stop casting with young actresses.